- "Of the Tongues of Arda", Helge Kåre Fauskanger's site
covering all of Tolkien's languages, with history, grammars and examples. Here can also be
found Fauskanger's indispensible Quenya wordlists, a reverse index to
"The Etymologies", and more.
- The home page of the Tolkien linguistics journal Parma Eldalamberon.
- The Elvish Linguistic Fellowship, a Special Interest Group of The Mythopoeic Society.
- E.L.F. Errata
- An updated list of corrections to the publications of the E.L.F.,
Vinyar Tengwar and Parma Eldalamberon.
- Another moderated mailing list. An exellent
is also available in the TolkLang Archives.
- A mailing list where Tolkien's invented scripts are discussed.
- Glǽmscrafu - Tolkien's linguistic cellar
- A vast collection of audio recordings with texts in Tolkien's languages, as well as
useful texts in various dead languages. Also includes snippets of Tolkien himself pronouncing invented names and words.
- "Fellowship of the Word-smiths"; contains a wealth of information
about news in Tolkienian linguistics, as well as new compositions, calligraphy,
and much more. Probably the most extensive information about non-English in Peter
Jackson's movie adaptions can also be found here.
- An extensive online Sindarin dictionary, also available for downloading
in PDF and XML format.
- An interesting moderated list of high scholarly level. Translation requests and
flame wars are not encouraged.
- The Language Lab
- Writings on the Elvish languages, particularly Goldogrin.
- Biannual conferences on J.R.R. Tolkien's Invented Languages.
- Ostadan's Lore & Letters
- Contains some nice articles of linguistic interest. Most material is in Adobe Acrobat format.
- Parf Edhellen ~ Parma Eldaliéva
- A dictionary and search engine for all the major Elvish wordlists available online.
- Resources for Tolkienian Linguistics
- A comprehensive list of reliable sources by Carl Hostetter.
- Online linguistic journal with the goal "to explore all aspects
of Tolkien's art-languages, through all the shifting course of
Tolkien's lifelong conceptualization and presentation of them, and
through all the stages of historical development that Tolkien created
- Tolkiendil - Langues
- Articles in French (original and translated) about the languages and scripts.
- TolkLang Archives
- Home page of the moderated mailing list, also has a collection of good
articles, poems and much more.
- Amanye Tenceli
- Guild member Måns Björkman's treatises on the writing systems of Aman
including the tengwar, and the little-known sarati.
- Studies on the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien
- A site by Harri Perälä with original articles and fonts.
- Tengwar and Cirth,
- good articles by Dan Smith.
- Tengwar Annatar
- The home of a TrueType tengwar font family.
- Italian mirror
- The Arda society, publishing Arda, the annual for Arda research.
- A Chronological Bibliography
of the Writings of J.R.R. Tolkien
- A detailed bibliography compiled by Guild member Arawn, Åke Bertenstam
- Lalaith's Middle-earth Science Pages
- Contains some linguistic material.